Thursday 15 March 2012

Hambleton Ales

A visit to a local farm shop is always a good chance to check out some of the fine local ales. I have had my eye on the beers from Hambleton brewery for a while now and I recently picked up a nice selection.


The Hambleton Hills are part of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, so I hope to be returning to the area soon for some more walking and of course I am keen to enjoy beers that are brewed in and inspired by the region.


The bottles have a striking label design, using a lot of silver and gold as well with equestrian themes inspired by the Kilburn White Horse .
The beers themselves are nice and refreshing, in particular the best bitter was very light and refreshing. The other ales also had a good traditional taste, which I am sure are best enjoyed on tap in a village pub after a long walk! But I'm certainly not complaining as they taste great from the bottle too.


I'm not normally a lager drinker (unless that's all there is, or if I'm in France or Germany for some 1664 or Berliner Kindl), but I decided to give the Gluten and Wheat Free lager a try, and it's pretty good - cheers!


For more information on these tasty beers please visit: http://www.hambletonales.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment